Musicianship Goal Action Plan: Midterm Video Submission

Script: According to my musicianship goal action plan, I will begin my video submission of my personalized learning project by stating what I have achieved throughout my journey. As guaranteed, I am now able to hold the guitar properly, and I have learned two ways to tune my guitar, one of which is using the app on my iPhone called Guitar tuner (electronic) and the other way is on a manual guitar tuner. I was able to find and learn the sheet music for the “Lion song” and practice the chords: D, G and A7. Some adaptations I made to the sheet music was to instead of using all three fingers for the D chord, I adapted the chord to using only fingers 1 and 2 on strings 3 and 1. For the chorus of the song I also adapted the strumming pattern, therefore I had enough transition time in between chords, to ensure I was staying on beat throughout the entirety of the song. Ultimately, I have gained a vast amount of knowledge about the acoustic guitar and about the process of self-teaching and reflection. I can recognize that I have achieved my initial goal of performing my chosen song consecutively without any pauses, and without referring to my notes. Throughout this astonishing journey, I am able to demonstrate the correct fingering, smooth chord transitions and the appropriate strumming patterns of the “Lion song” on a classical acoustic guitar.

Video #1: Explanation & Script

Video #2: “The Lion Song”